Saturday, August 08, 2009

Weekend Deals

I got some great deals this weekend. My SIL, Cryste, is a great bargin shopper. I shop the clearance isles, cut coupons, and love to look for a great deal too, but I think that Cryste has me beat! She has told me several times that she finds great deals at CVS. We fill our prescriptions through them, but I don't shop there very often. Well, lately I have really been paying close attention to their Sunday ads and check out the deal I got! I got 4 packs of diapers and 4 packs of wipes for ......... less than $23.00!!!!! Isn't that awesome??!! How did I do it? Well, when you shop there a few times, fill prescriptions, etc... you will often get a $4 off $20 coupon on your receipt. They also do "reward bucks" on several items each week and you can use that just like cash in their store. So, I used two of my $4 off $20 coupons, $9 in reward bucks, 4 $1 off diaper coupons, and 4 coupons for by a pack of diapers get a pack of wipes FREE.... which brought my grand total to less than $23.... and did I mention that I waited until this weekend to buy diapers because they were also TAX-FREE !!! I guess I am getting old because I was very excited about my great find and had to share...... I also went to Wal-mart last night and found great rompers for Braden to wear next summer for $1 each and again no tax. I (WE) are always looking for ways to save money so if you have any great saving ideas I would love to hear them. We are going to be on one teacher's salary for about 4 months!! OUCH! **** Luckily, I counted Braden's diaper stash tonight and he has over 750 diapers built up.... at least we won't have to worry about spending money on those for awhile!******



Posted by Picasa

No comments: