Saturday, August 08, 2009

Braden Update

Well, I went to the doctor yesterday and there is no change:( Dr. Roberts said that Braden was breech for so long that it will probably take awhile for things to change and progress! She mentioned inducing me on August 18th, but I told her that I wasn't sure. She told me it was totally up to us, but decided to do an ultrasound to see how big he was. His head (our biggest obstacle) was already measuring over 40 weeks... just like his bubba, and she said that he looked like he might be a pretty big baby... already estimated weighing about 8 lbs. She again assured me that the decision to induce was entirely up to me, but she said that she is afraid that if I go until me due date or longer I might be looking at a 9.5 pound baby and a watermelon head (she didn't say watermelon head, I did!) So my dilemma continues!!! I told her that I would think about the induction and tell her on Thursday when I go back to the doctor. Please pray that we will make the right decision. Brooks' was induced for the same "problem" (large head size) and I think that this added to my LONG labor and delivery. However, if I wait and he gets to big then I would hate to labor and THEN have to have a C-Section..... Ahhhhh, what to do, what to do???!!!!

3 comments:

Jason, Betsy, Jackson said...

Praying for you all as you make this decision!

Laura Beth said...

I don't know if you are fishing for suggestions, but since you blogged about it, I figured you couldn't get too mad! :) I would go ahead and be induced if I were you. I was (sadly) induced both times. With Lawton, I was five days late and I have no idea when he would have finally decided to come. (he was 8 lb. 13 oz. and I pushed for almost an hour and a half after laboring all day.) I was scheduled to be induced with Carolina three days early because my doctor was going to be out of town after my due date and the way things were looking, she was going to be late, too. It was really important to me for my doctor to deliver Carolina because she had just had her first child weeks before Lawton was born. It was much easier with Carolina, but she was only 7 lb 7 oz. I only had to push 20 minutes and labored for about five hours! IF it is important for you to definitely have your doctor deliver Braden, and to hopefully TRY to avoid a hard labor, I would be induced. IF you were asking . . . :) Good luck! I know you will make the right choice!

One Happy Family said...

After reading Laura Beth's comment I realize everyone is sooo different. I think you guys already know that praying about it is the best thing to do to help with your decision.
We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

My thoughts, before I read the other comment, don't be afraid to wait. He will come when he is ready and you are capable of "birthing" a big baby. I was 10 pounds 5 ounces. My mom said my shoulders where the biggest part of me (like a linebacker) but she did it...I'll disgust you by telling you she did it naturally too. Now you and I know there's no need in all of that, so best wishes in whatever you do. May he arrive safe and healthy.