Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Counting down the weeks.....

Yesterday we went to the doctor to see how Braden was progressing. We got to see him on the ultrasound and he was in the pike position with his arms and feet over his face. We didn't get any good pics because he was being so darn shy! My doctor said that he probably weighs about
3 lbs 12 ozs. and everything else seemed to be growing right on target......everything but his head.... it is already pretty big! It is already in the 90%ile! I began to have Brooks' delivery flashbacks..... I will share that MEMORABLE/EXHAUSTING/TRAUMATIC story another day! We also found out that Braden is breech. He still has plenty of time to turn, but she said since he is a little bigger (head) that he might not turn! She said that she will do another ultrasound in about 4 weeks. If he is still breech she said that we can talk about an exterior version (I think is what she called it). It is where you go into the hospital a few weeks before delivery and they turn the baby. I asked if this was painful and she said, "YES!" Or I could just opt for a C-section. I really don't want to have a C-section, but the more I research the turning method, the less comfortable I am with it! We are just praying that he will turn on his own!
We have been working hard on the new nursery and I hope to have it all done in a few more weeks.... then I can maybe relax...??? Doubt it though..... do you ever really relax after you have children???

No comments: