Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day... what a production!

This year for Mother's Day Brooks and I decided to do something special for Kristy. Last year for our anniversary I bought a spa package for her gift. For about a year now I have been trying to get her to use it. She kept wanting to hold on to it until she had some time to really enjoy her time and not feel rushed to get back home. Her time finally came this Saturday. With Kristy out of the house Brooks and I had our work cut out for us! First we went to Wal-Mart and bought roses, a card, and all the things needed to bake a cake! Now, let me explain, for those of you that do not know, I do not cook! If it were up to me to put a meal on the table it would be a box from Pizza Hut or somewhere like that. Kristy is always saying, "Cooking is not that hard! All you have to do is follow directions!" With my ADHD or whatever you call it this would be a huge mess! Well, this year, Brooks and I decided to grab the bull by the horns and make Kristy a cake! I think it turned out to be an easy 1-2 hour process. (Would have been quicker had Brooks not needed to feel everything that went into the mixing bowl!) I was so proud when we finished even the neighbors thought it was good. The thing is, I cannot understand how parts of the cake ended out in the flowerbed? (Just kidding!) Enjoy the pictures. If you want to know how to make it just go to WBIR.com and look for the, "Better For You Lemon Blueberry Cake" or just e-mail me and send $5.00 to our house and I will mail the recipe HA HA! I think Brooks was trying to show me how to run the mixer. He makes it looks so easy! (Originally I had blender, but Kristy corrected me and told me it is called a mixer. See, I told you I know nothing about cooking!)

Brooks explains, "Once the ingredients are mixed, you have to put them in a bunt pan like this!"




The final product and Mom's approval! Now I have to figure out how to get Brooks and Braden to cook next year for Mother's Day 2010. Any suggestions?


I remember growing up from time to time my parents would remind me to pray for my future wife. I never dated much during high school, but knew that I should continue to pray for that special person that God had for me. I'll never forget when Kristy and I met. I just knew in my heart that she was the one I had been praying for for so long. I am truly blessed that she is my wife and my best friend. She is a wonderful lady. I love and appreciate her so much and I am very thankful for all that she does. I could not have asked for a better person to be my wife and the mother of my children. Brooks and I are blessed to have her in our lives. We love you Kristy and hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!























No comments: