Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Brooks and Daddy Go Camping!

Last Friday Brooks and I took our first father and son camping trip. Kristy went with several ladies from church on an overnight retreat. Brooks has been interested in camping so I thought this would be a perfect time for us to put camping to the test. After I got home from school I loaded up the tent and several things to help us through the night (Brooks' stuffed dog Sissy!). After going out to eat at Sullivans in Maryville (I know roughing it!) with my mom and dad, we headed to the great outdoors in Papaw and Rue Rue's wild front yard! Brooks did a wonderful job and was very excited about his first camping trip. All smiles and ready for his first camping trip!
My dad and I setting up the tent and getting ready for a fun night camping!


Brooks was so excited about camping. Once we got the tent set up, Brooks was ready to check it out.


What's camping without the firewood? Brooks wanted to load his Gator with firewood for Papaw!


Check out the massive fire!






Brooks and I had a wonderful time on his first camping trip. Hopefully, Brooks and I can get Kristy and baby Braden to go camping with us someday!




The big hit for Brooks was learning how to roast a marshmellow. I had to pass on the talent of burning the masrhmellow to Brooks. Burnt marshmellows are the best!




Marshmellow Rookie!



No comments: