Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We love Elves!

I recently heard of a book called, "Elf on a Shelf," by reading a friend's blog. (Thanks Laura Beth) It is a book that also comes with a little elf. Everyday the elf "watches" the children in the house to see who is naughty and who is nice. Then after everyone has gone to bed he reports back to Santa the events of the day. The next morning he is "hiding" in a new spot and the children must find him. Well, I thought this was such a cute idea, but I did not want to pay $30 for the book (shocker I know) so I began looking for my own elf. One of my friends found this wooden one at Hobby Lobby for $2.50 and got it for me. She put it on our windshield last Wednesday night. So when we came out of church it was like Santa had left him there! Brooks named the elf, Thomas, (another shocker) and he has taken good care of him. He sits on Brooks' train table and every morning after he returns from the North Pole he is hiding in a new place. Brooks has really enjoyed looking for him each morning and Jeff and I have had fun hiding him as well! One morning he was on the Christmas train.

Another morning he was playing basketball!




After we began the Elf "game" we found this "Alphie the Elf" song. We all crack up every time we hear it. Brooks is going to try and sing a little of it for you here.





1 comment:

LB said...

Cute elf! Hope you have fun with it! :) Love Brooks singing, too!