Thursday, October 02, 2008

Our Zoo Adventure

On September 24 we went on our first trip to the zoo. What made it even more fun was that we went with the 5th and 6th graders at Greenback. Brooks ABSOLUTELY loved it! It was an awesome day and we had so much fun.....and it was FREE too because we went with the school!! (Which made it even more fun to me!) The only bad part was that we didn't discover the kids zone until the last 30 minutes of the trip. The next time we go, we will hit that part first!
Look at this cute little critter that we brought home!! I Love the Zoo!

This was the first exhibit....the bears.



Beautiful birds


I had to get a picture of Brooks with the Llama since he loves the book, "Llama, Llama, red pajama."




Not a good picture of me or the elephant!




Looking at the zebras.



Brooks wanting to ride the animal car.







The big gorilla.... I bet this picture will bring back memories for my dad. (He fought a real live gorilla when he was in high school.....another story for another day!)




This chimp was my favorite part of the day. You can't see in the picture, but she has a baby chimp beneath her. We watched her carry it around, play with it, place it on this towel, and care for it. It was so sweet.





Brooks in the Kids zone. He got to get in this little stream and act like a frog.



Ribbit, Ribbit......I don't want to leave!


No comments: