Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy 90th Birthday, Memomma!

Last Saturday my grandmother, Memomma, turned 90 years old! We had a wonderful celebration for her at my parent's church. She is loved by so many and we had about 120 people that attended her party. Memomma is such an inspiration to me. She is so kind and a wonderful Christian example. Her mother died when she was 4 and was raised by a less than loving step-mother. After she married my grandfather they farmed and she worked in a factory. I can't imagine getting up cooking two meals, catching a ride to work, coming home fixing dinner, milking cows, helping with the crops, oh yeah and taking care of twins without running water----- like I said AMAZING woman! I wish I had half the spunk and energy that she has always had. Heck-- this woman worked at Wal-mart until she was in her 80's!



We decorated on Friday. It turned out so nice.



Memomma's 6 great-grandchildren




My nephew, Vance, enjoyed meeting some of Memomma's friends for the first time.






Melia and Allison kept the register.


Vance became a party-popper........ he pooped out!


Olivia and Brooks doing some tricks for Memomma after everyone left.



1 comment:

One Happy Family said...

She looks great to be 90. It's nice to have these kinds of people in our lives to be such good examples.