Sunday, February 17, 2008

"Nastics"

For Valentine's Day Jeff and I gave Brooks gymnastics lessons. No, we do not have high aspirations of him becoming a gymnast! However, we have heard that it is a great way for them to learn how to stand in a line, take turns, as well as get some of that energy out! I told Brooks on Thursday that he was starting gymnastics with Lydia on Friday. Well, he woke up at 6:30 the next morning wanting to see Lydia and go to gymnastics. Class does not begin until 10:30, but all morning I heard, "Mommy, I go to nastics," over and over again. I got tickled because while we were eating breakfast he said, " Mommy, I so excited!" Needless to say nastics WAS A HIT! He paid attention to his teacher a lot better than I thought he would. He kept wanting to jump on the trampoline, but he had to learn that the trampoline was the last station.

Stretching and loosening up at the beginning of class
He loved the high(low) bars!

Trying out the balance beam


Following his teacher to the next station

Steady now



They played a neat balloon game at the end




No comments: