Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Shocking Day. . .

Yesterday Brooks really shocked me. He began using the potty! He got a little potty for Christmas and I thought that it would be good for him to sit on it from time to time and "get use to it." I had planned on trying to potty train this summer when he was about 2 1/2. I am in no hurry myself because selfishly I dread having to ask him every 10 minutes if he has to go potty and being a germ freak, I really dread him telling me that "I got to go potty," while we are in the middle of Walmart! (I rarely use public restrooms!) However, yesterday he decided he wanted to sit on the potty. I said great, and I stripped his clothes off of him. (Oh, yes he wants to be totally naked when he sits on the potty!) I went on about my business cleaning and he yells, "I peepeed!" I thought yeah right. Sure enough when I went to investigate he had gone in the potty. I really bragged on him and we called several family members and he even got 2 M&M's for his accomplishment. I wondered if this was just a one time thing, but it wasn't! He told me later that he had to "Poopoo on the potty." I said great and again he went all by himself. He used the potty 4 times yesterday and 3 or 4 times today! I still think he is a long way away from "underwear," but I was pleasantly surprised that he had taught himself the basics of potty training!

PS Sorry... no pics of the nude pottygoer!

No comments: