Saturday, January 19, 2008

A Sad Day......

The following are pictures that I took of Brooks and Aden over the last several days. We got to spend some quality time with him while the packers and movers were at their house. Then we had a farewell dinner for the whole family the night before they moved. (Read below about why we are so sad!!)

(Sorry the pictures are not to good. We think that Brooks messed up the setting and we are trying to figure out how to fix it!)


Brooks and Aden... friends forever!
The Whitaker Family

Big buddies!


Relaxing while watching a good movie.








Brooks and Aden playing hide and seek!

Yesterday was a very sad day at our house. Our good friends and neighbors the Whitakers moved away. They just moved 1 1/2 hours away to Cookeville, but that is too far for us. Brooks and Aden are such good friends and love playing together. Our families have enjoyed playing games in the yard, swapping dinner, neighborhood walks, sending the kiddos over while the other mom can get something done, and just hanging out together! I didn't realize how much I enjoyed their friendship/company until they moved. We have tried to explain to Brooks that Aden has moved to a different house and we will still get to visit him some, but I don't think that he fully understands. As soon as he woke up from his nap yesterday he said, "I go to Aden's house." I told him, "No, baby remember that Aden doesn't live there anymore, he has a new house." He said, "What about Baby Alex?" (This is Aden's 4 week old brother!) I told Brooks not to worry.. they took baby Alex too!

1 comment:

One Happy Family said...

Thanks for making me cry! We definitely miss you all already. It hasn't even been a week yet- what are we going to do?! Thanks for all your love and kindness to our family.

P.S. Thanks for posting that family pic- it motivates me to get on that treadmill. I guess I'm plenty motivated, just lack of time/opportunity to do so. Anyhow.. we'll see you Saturday for the big day. Tell Jeff we expect nothing less than a backhand spring and spirit fingers when we come through the door.