Saturday, October 27, 2007

What happened to October?

I cannot believe that October is almost over and I really can't believe that Brooks is another month older today! In three short months he will be a big 2 YEAR OLD! I find myself laughing at him more and more each day. His favorite game is hide-n-seek. He wants me to cover him up a lot so that he can hide. The sentences keep a'comin from Mr. Brooks. He says a few new words everyday that I never even knew that he knew. He is still VERY energetic and when he gets excited he says, "Alright" in a very deep voice. He has discovered candy in the last couple of months so I am dreading that part of Halloween. He is also very into chewing gum. We will give him a very small piece of our sugarless gum and he will say, "I not swallow it." We will remind him to chew, chew, chew and he has gotten a lot better. Last night he chewed it for about 10-15 minutes before he forgot and swallowed it. It is so funny when he does swallow it because you can see the look on his face, "Like dang, I just did it again." Then I'll say, "Did you swallow it and he will always say, "Uhhhuh, I want more gum."

I am especially fond of my sweet angel today because he slept until 8:00 this morning and in turn I got to sleep until 8:00. He is an early riser so this is a definite treat when it happens. When he did wake up I heard him over the monitor saying, "Go mommy run, go mommy run!" I busted out laughing and told Jeff this is our chant when I take him running with me. I am usually pretty winded from running and pushing the jogging stroller so I have Brooks cheer me on when I am wanting to slow down. Lately, he has also wanted me to jump with him (in his bed) and I'll say, "No baby, mommy's too big." Or he'll want me to crawl under a table with him and I'll say, "No, baby, mommy's too big." So now Brooks has begun to go around and say, "Mommy's big." I know what he means, but it is great encouragement for me to keep running and working out!

1 comment:

One Happy Family said...

What a little genius! We're sending Aden over right now so Brooks can start Aden's tutoring session.
I'll definitely miss my walking buddy (although you run- I must've always slowed you down) when we move.