Friday, July 27, 2007

My baby is 1 1/2!

Today Brooks turned 18 months old (Happy half-birthday bubba!) Jeff and I have had so much fun with him this summer. It is going to be hard for me to go back to school, even if it is part-time! He is beginning to really test his limits. He has been popped many times, but yesterday was probably his first real spanking. After we get on to him he will usually yell or squeal and then go hit the wall, table, us, etc. I try to ignore that unless he hits at us, that is a BIG no-no! He is a wonderful little boy 99% of the time, but I keep reminding myself of the old teacher's saying, "Take care of the small discipline problems and you won't have to worry about the big ones!"
Brooks is still talking up a storm. Some new words are: milk, bike, flowers, toast, juice, rain, thunder, listen, catch, splash, up, and out. The word that we hear a lot is , "OKAY," which is so sweet the way he says it and is a lot better than NO (which he does say some.) I like the fact that I can ask him a question now and he can tell me yes or no. We are still spending a lot of our day outside and Brooks still asks for a Popsicle at least 5 times a day, usually when we get him out of his crib first thing in the morning! We have been trying the one nap thing for the last week or so. It is frustrating because one day he will sleep 2 1/2 hours and the next he may only sleep an hour (and that is not long enough!) I'm hoping that his naps will begin to be consistently longer eventually!

* Also we took him for his post-op doctor's appointment today and the doctor said everything looks great and we don't have to go back!!! His 18 month appointment is in a few weeks so I will let you know how that goes later!


This is his new trick. I get the camera out and he says Cheeezz and makes this funny face!
Brooks' favorite activity is playing ball. I would say 75% of the day you will find a ball in his hands. During this picture that I took today he was shooting his ball into the laundry basket.

Another new thing that Brooks started doing this month was drinking from a straw - finally! Tonight I made him a peach smoothie and he loved it! A tricky way to get him to eat more fruit!


My favorite thing that Brooks is doing now is praying. He folds his hands together, bows his head, mumbles something, and then says Awmen. Tonight I found him in his room reading his Bible before bed (Oh yeah, he can read now too!) Ha Ha! Anyway, I went to grab the camera and when I got back he was just finishing his prayer ( I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of that:(



No comments: