Sunday, May 11, 2008

"I caught a BIG one!"

Brooks went on his first fishing trip this weekend. We were in Lebanon and Papa LOVES to fish so we decided to take a little trip down to the lake. (We just fished off the bank this time, we plan to take the boat out next time.) Anyway, we were there for about 5 minutes and Brooks began throwing rocks in the water. We tried to explain that you have to be quiet or it will scare the fish off, but he continued to throw rocks. I went along as the photographer, but ended up holding a fishing a rod and caught a fish. Brooks had his rod up out of the water, then in the water, then the entire rod in the water, and AMAZINGLY he eventually caught a fish too. We all about died... it was a sheer miracle believe me! I helped him reel it in and he just grinned from ear to ear. He touched the fish and then we threw it back. Daddy helping Brooks hold the rod. He kept saying, "No, I hold it myself." We finally let him and that is when he caught the BIG one.

Papa showing Brooks how to put some bait on...live worms!


Brooks' first catch!


Look at that smile! (That afternoon when I put him down for a nap he was just about asleep and he raised up and said, "I caught a big fish, that was fun!")






No comments: