Friday, March 21, 2008

Birthday surprise...blown

March 16 was Kristy's 30th birthday! On Thursday March 13 Kristy had a 31 show to do so Brooks and I went shopping together to find the perfect gift. We met Kristy at the mall to eat at Chick-Fli-A before she had to go. Brooks kept telling her that he and I were going to find her a birthday gift. After we ate Brooks and I took off to the different stores. I just could not find what I was looking for. She had said she would like a digital photo frame. After several hours of shopping we final found a good one at Wal-Mart. Then we spent close to an hour in the card section while Brooks wanted to listen to all of the cards that played music. We finally found one and headed back home before Kristy got back from her show. I gave Brooks a bath and got him ready for bed. In the meantime while he was drinking his milk in the living room, I tried to hide the photo frame in our closet. A few minutes later Kristy came home. Before I could divert her, Brooks started saying, "Mommy, present in closet! Mommy, present in closet!" Before I knew it he was running around the corner and was pointing up at the hiding spot that I had selected! We finally had to let Kristy get the gift down before Brooks exploded with excitement! I cannot help but think they had been practicing this before I got home from school that day!

No comments: