Friday, June 22, 2007

A Week at Grammie and Papa's

We just got back from a great week in Lebanon. We relaxed a lot and did a lot of fun things.

One thing we did was visit the Don Fox Park. It has a neat wading pool and Brooks enjoyed playing in it with Daddy.





One of the highlights of Brooks' trip was meeting "Joe." Joe is what we call the train that goes right behind Grammie and Papa's house - it is actually the Music City Star that travels from Lebanon to Nashville. "Joe" goes by several times a day, but we made a point to try and greet him every morning when he came by at 8:30. Brooks would say, "Joe, Joe" and then "whooo, whooo." Our plan is to ride to Nashville on Joe when we go back in July.






You can't go to Grammie and Papa's without eating a good popscicle - everyday!
Another fun thing we did while in Lebanon was visit my old stomping ground - Coles Ferry Recreation Club. My dad was a manager there for over 20 years so I spent every summer there. As I got older I taught swimming lessons there for about 8 years and lifeguarded for 6 years. I have some of my best childhood memories of this place and it was so neat to go back there and take my child! My cousin and her family are members so we went with them and ate a picnic supper and swam. It was a lot of fun!









We got this great recliner for Brooks today before we left. (We found it at a garage sale a few houses down from grammie and papa's). We took Brooks' picture in it tonight as he drank his milk before bed. He looked so funny in it !

No comments: